Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department STARS Explorer Training Academy
Terms And Conditions Of Usage
READ THIS BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
Thank you for visiting the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s (LASD) STARS Explorer Training Academy Website. The purpose of this website is to communicate general information about or relating to the LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy and its mission.
Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to abide by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any of the terms below do not use this Website.
1. ACCEPTABLE USE. This Website may be used only for lawful and authorized purposes.
2. PROHIBITED USE. All uses of this website which are in violation of any federal, state or local law, County of Los Angeles Code, LASD’s policy, or these terms and conditions is strictly prohibited. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying any service conducted on this Website, nor shall you upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish on this Website (i) any unlawful, threatening, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent materials; (ii) any materials which infringe any intellectual property right of any third party or advertise or otherwise solicit funds or is a solicitation for goods and services; or (iii) any materials containing a virus or other harmful component. While the STARS Explorer Training Academy has no obligation to monitor the Website and is not responsible for the content of any messages, information or files transmitted on the Website, the LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy reserves the right to delete, move, edit, refuse to post or take other appropriate action with respect to such messages, information or files which the STARS Explorer Training Academy, in its sole discretion, deems objectionable or otherwise in violation of these terms. Unauthorized modification of any information stored on this system may result in criminal prosecution under Federal, State, and local law.
4. MODIFICATION OF TERMS. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy reserves the right to modify, change, update or alter these terms at any time without notice. Your continued use of this Website constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications.
5. CONSENT TO MONITORING. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy and its agents may monitor and audit the usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.
6. DISCLAIMER. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the Website. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on this Website. This Website and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the website and/or the materials contained on the website whether the material is provided by the LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy, or a third party.
7. DISCLAIMER/CHANGES TO WEBSITE. The LASD STARS Explorer Training Academy may change the information contained in the Website at any time and without notice. The LASD assumes no liability of damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.
8. DISCLAIMER/ENDORSEMENTS. Some of the material contained in this Website may be supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, or other information supplied by third parties or users do not necessarily state or reflect those of the LASD. If any reference is made to any specific commercial entity, organization, company, product or service, it should not be construed as an endorsement, promotion, recommendation, favoring or advertisement by the LASD.
9. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action brought to enforce the Agreement or in connection with this Website shall be brought in either the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California.
This page was last updated on: February 15, 2011